Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Suicide Drawing

The story is this, in Japan shortly before a teenage girl committed suicide; she drew this picture, scanned it and posted it online. In Korea this story broke out and it spread like wildfire (Quizazz, 2011, p. n.d). There are various posts around in Korean forums that say that the viewer gets drawn to the girls blue eyes, they say they can detect a hint of wraith and sadness within the eyes. Maybe the girl had died with so much sadness and anger that her spirit haunts the image, or maybe the image provokes sadness, similar to the song ‘Gloomy Sunday’.

According to Quizazz (2011) in the article Urban legends: Regional and Cultural, they say the freaky bit is this, they say it is hard for a person to stare into the girls eyes for longer than 5 minutes, and there are reports that some people have taken their own lives after doing so (p. n.d). People say the picture changes, as you view it there is a hint of a growing taunting smirk appearing on the girl’s lips or a dark ring that grows around the girl or her eyes.
I heard Japanese movies are the scariest kinds of scary movies out there. I hate scary movies for the fear it causes but, I like them for the thrill at the ‘jump’ or ‘pop-up’ scene. This is another one of those types of scary stories I love and hate at the same time, and no matter how hard I try, I can’t stare into her eyes for more than five minutes.



13 comments:

  1. i heard this story when i was younger (maybe 10). I was scared to look into her eyes too, but know when i try just start laughing because now i know this is all fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i was reading this i tried to look into her eyes but i couldn't. I got scared but i know this is just a urban legend.
    -Geralyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think to yourself that this is just bluff but when you really try it out it scary .
    When I was young I attempt this but it turned out that all of this was a urban legend .
    After, while when you think about it , it really creep you out.

    - Sonia Zaib

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty scary legend. I cant look into her eyes more than five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was reading this, i was trying so hard not to look into her eyes. I did anyways and I screamed. This is scary but interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good article and it was scary too ! I have seen this picture before and it was scary too ! this is a good article.

    - Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm too lazy to stare at it for five minutes, but I dout anythings going to happen. Also I like the pictures.
    -Melissa Martinez

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to try it but this story is scary. it would cray if something happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look at her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, shoulders and think...she's got tiny little shoulders. Then I look at the split in her hair and then think how it's uneven. Then I look at her eyes again and think about this one time, I was watching this other scary movie on YouTube and how it was all drawings. And then I came to the comments and realised that maybe I'm not taking this seriously enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look at her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, shoulders and think...she's got tiny little shoulders. Then I look at the split in her hair and then think how it's uneven. Then I look at her eyes again and think about this one time, I was watching this other scary movie on YouTube and how it was all drawings. And then I came to the comments and realised that maybe I'm not taking this seriously enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her eyes go red after a while which was weird. But that's what happens when you stare for too long

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her eyes go red after a while which was weird. But that's what happens when you stare for too long

    ReplyDelete